Nasscom, the premier trade body and the chamber of commerce of the IT-BPO industries in India, released its annual rankings of the top 10 BPO companies in India. Here is a recap of NASSCOM's annual rankings for the Top 10 BPO rankings for FY08-09.
The NASSCOM survey estimates that the IT-BPO export revenues will grow by 4-7% to reach $48-50 billion in FY09-10.
1. Genpact provides a wide range of services, including Finance & Accounting, Collections and Customer Service, Insurance, Supply Chain & Procurement, Analytics, Enterprise Application, IT Infrastructure and Management.
Genpact manages complex processes in multiple geographic regions, delivering its services from a global network of more than 35 operations centers in 12 countries.
Genpact Limited (Genpact) manages business processes for companies worldwide. The Company combines its process capability, information technology capability and analytical capabilities, to provide a range of services using its global delivery platform. It manages a range of business processes that address the transactional, managerial, reporting and planning needs of its clients. Its services include finance and accounting, collections and customer services, insurance, supply chain and procurement, analytics, enterprise application and information technology (IT) infrastructure. Genpact has a global network of more than 35 Delivery Centers in nine countries. In June 2008, the Company formed a joint venture called NIIT Uniqua (NIITJV), with NIIT. Genpact owns 49% of NIITJV. In February 2010, the Company acquired Symphony Marketing Solutions, Inc.
2. WNS delivers the entire spectrum of business processes – from shared back office processes to industry-specific front and middle office processes, all the way to complex, actionable research and analytics.
WNS (Holdings) Limited is a provider of offshore business process outsourcing services. The Company provides data, voice and analytical services. It transfers the business processes of its clients, which are companies located in Europe and North America, to its delivery centers located primarily in India, Sri Lanka, the Philippines, Romania and the United Kingdom. It provides execution of client processes, monitor these processes against multiple performance metrics, and seek to improve them on an ongoing basis. The Company designs, implements and operates business processes for its clients, involving data, voice and analytical components. Its services include industry-specific processes that are tailored to address its clients’ business and industry practices. The Company operates in two segments: WNS Global BPO and WNS Auto Claims BPO. On June 12, 2008, the Company acquired Business Applications Associates Ltd., Aviva Global Services Singapore Private Limited and Chang Limited.
3. IBM Daksh - In April 2004, IBM Corporation acquired Daksh e-Services to serve as a global hub to manage business processes for clients across the world.
IBM Daksh offers business performance improvement rather than just cost-savings and is a step closer to Business Transformation Outsourcing (BTO).
In April 2004, IBM Corporation acquired Daksh e-Services to serve as a global hub to manage business processes for clients across the world. With 25 service delivery centers in India and the Philippines, IBM Daksh is an integral part of IBM's BPO/BTO delivery network around the world. Today, IBM Daksh employs more than 30,000 people and has won several major awards for employee satisfaction, delivery excellence, innovation, and diversity and inclusivity.
With 25 service delivery centers in India and the Philippines, IBM Daksh is an integral part of IBM's BPO/BTO delivery network around the world.
4. Wipro BPO - In 2002, Wipro took a quantum jump in the BPO services by acquiring the then Spectramind.
Wipro Limited (Wipro) is engaged in the areas of information technology (IT), services, IT products and consumer care and lighting products. The Company is organized in four segments: IT services, IT products, consumer care and lighting, and others. During the fiscal year ended March 31, 2009 (fiscal 2009), 94% of Wipro’s operating income was generated from its IT Services. In Fiscal 2009, IT products represented 3% of its operating income, and consumer care and lighting, and others represented 3% of operating income. The Company’s IT services segment provides a range of IT and IT-enabled services. In January 2009, Wipro Technologies acquired Citi Technology Services Ltd. (India), the India-based captive provider of technology infrastructure services (TIS), application development and maintenance services for cards, capital markets and corporate banking.
Wipro BPO Solutions, complements the services offered by Wipro Technologies, making it one of the largest BPO service players
5. Tata BPO - Tata Consultancy Services is an IT services, business solutions and outsourcing organization that delivers real results to global businesses, ensuring a level of certainty no other firm can match.
TCS offers a consulting-led, integrated portfolio of IT and IT-enabled services delivered through its unique Global Network Delivery Model, recognized as the benchmark of excellence in software development.
6. Firstsource Solutions - Firstsource is a global provider of business process management services. It offers a wide range of services across banking and financial services, telecommunications and media and the healthcare industry.
Firstsource Solutions Limited (Firstsource) is an India-based company. The Company is engaged in the business of providing contact center, transaction processing and debt collection services, including revenue cycle management in the healthcare industry. It has four business verticals: healthcare, telecom and media, banking, financial services and insurance (BSFI), and Asia business unit (ABU). It also provides business process outsourcing (BPO) services. Firstsource runs 43 delivery centers and handles more than 30 million transactions per month. The Company’s subsidiaries include RevIT Systems Private Limited, Pipal Research Analytics and Information Services India Private Limited, Firstsource Solutions USA Inc., Firstsource Solutions UK Limited, FirstRing Inc., USA, Firstsource Solutions S.A., Argentina, Firstsource Advantage LLC, USA and Pipal Research Corporation, USA.
Firstsource provides services throughout the customer lifecycle, including customer acquisition, customer care, billing and collections, transaction processing and business research and analytics
7. Aditya Birla Minacs - Aditya Birla Minacs provides customized business process outsourcing (BPO) solutions focused on five core areas of capability: customer relationship management/contact centers, integrated marketing services, knowledge and process outsourcing, finance and accounting outsourcing and IT. Aditya Birla Minacs provides business process outsourcing (BPO) services in the areas of contact centers, marketing, and administration. It designs and implements Web marketing campaigns, manages customer relations (including customer acquisition and technical support) through contact centers, and handles staffing and recruitment issues. Clients come mainly from the automotive, financial services, telecommunications, and technology industries. It provides services in more than 40 languages through about 30 offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. Aditya Birla Minacs, a subsidiary of India-based Aditya Birla Nuvo, was formed in 2007 when Minacs Worldwide merged with TransWorks Information Services.
The company combines expertise in these areas to improve revenue, customer service, and operating margin for Fortune 500 clients.
8. Aegis - Aegis is one of the fastest growing BPO companies in India.
This is not a pre-recorded message. Aegis Communications Group (which does business as Aegis BPO) provides outsourced telemarketing and customer care services through more than 30 facilities in the US and India. It handles both inbound and outbound calling services, order provisioning, and multilingual communications programs. Besides teleservices, Aegis offers online customer services such as e-mail responses, real-time chat, and data collection. Major clients have included AT&T, American Express, Qwest Communications, and Western Union. India-based investment firm Essar Group owns Aegis, which expanded in late 2008 when it acquired rival customer service provider PeopleSupport. Aegis was established in 1985.
An Essar Group enterprise, Aegis offers the benefits of the global delivery model, strong financial strength, deep domain expertise, comprehensive and flexible solutions offerings, and a rich international talent pool.
9. Infosys BPO - Infosys BPO is an end-to-end outsourcing services provider. It address business challenges through its integrated IT and business process outsourcing solutions.
Infosys Technologies Limited (Infosys),is a global technology services firm that defines, designs and delivers information technology (IT)-enabled business solutions to its clients. The Company provides end-to-end business solutions that leverage technology for its clients, including technical consulting, design, development, product engineering, maintenance, systems integration, package-enabled consulting, and implementation and infrastructure management services. Infosys also provides software products to the banking industry. Infosys BPO is a majority owned subsidiary. Through Infosys BPO, it provides business process management services, such as offsite customer relationship management, finance and accounting, and administration and sales order processing.On April 1, 2008, Infosys Australia acquired Mainstream Software Pty Limited (MSPL). On March 5, 2009, the Company incorporated a wholly owned subsidiary, Infosys Technologies (Sweden) AB.
Infosys BPO is a global company with 12 delivery centers across the Asia Pacific, Latin America, Europe and India.
10. HCL BPO - HCL BPO, a division of HCL Technologies Limited started its venture early in 2001 and is now a dominant player in the BPO field drawing revenue of $232.15 million. With over 11,400 professionals operating out of India, UK and USA, HCL BPO runs 21 delivery centres. HCL Technologies Ltd. - BPO Services is one of the leading players in the BPO segments with strong domain knowledge and quality driven processes. The services are tailored to suit each Client’s specific requirement and integrated to provide end-to-end solution via multiple delivery centers all over the world. Our expertise includes Finance and Accounting Services, Technical Support Services, Knowledge & Legal Services, Supply Chain Management, Customer Relationship Management and more.
HCL BPO offers 24X7 multichannel, multilingual support in eight European languages.